We are a growing technology startup based in Zurich, Switzerland providing an inflight catering management solution to commercial airlines. Our product LimeFlight combines the newest technology with an intuitive user experience that allows our customers to streamline their catering services. We are very passionate about technology and proud of how LimeFlight not only gives our customers a competitive edge but also drastically reduces the environmental impact of every flight.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Backend Developer to help build and shape our SaaS solution. As a software developer at yaos you design, build, test, deploy, maintain and improve our backend services in an agile development environment. You’ll be joining a small but growing cross-functional team of frontend developers, mobile app developers and UX designers. Together with your team, you are responsible for the entire product lifecycle from architecture and design to production.
The day-to-day activities
- Develop new and extend/improve existing features of our backend services
- Work with the team to explore and create new designs/architectures
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Collaborate with the product owner to define and prototype feature specifications and contribute to the product roadmap
- Work with frontend and mobile app developers
- Operate and support the services you build in production
Required Qualifications & Skills
The must haves
- 3+ years of experience as Backend Engineer preferably designing and developing RESTful API’s
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework, SQL and a strong understanding of object-oriented development and enterprise design patterns
- A sense for quality and experience with software testing practices like TDD, BDD, unit/integration testing
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals. Preferably you have a university degree in Computer Science (or related field).
- A passion for working with the latest technology and continual learning
- Experience working in a Scrum team and the ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Very good communication skills with high English proficiency
The nice to haves
- Experience with running services on cloud infrastructure at scale
- Experience with message queuing protocols, containers and continuous delivery
Our Tech Stack
Our core services tech stack consists of C#, ASP.NET Core 2.0 Web API, Azure SQL Server and Angular. Our mobile app targeting iOS and Android is written using ReactNative. The services run on Azure, we use GitHub for our code repository and we adhere to the basic Continuous Delivery tenets utilizing Visual Studio Team Services.
What we offer
- The chance to join an early stage business and shape its future
- A great culture that promots open feedback and a flat hierarchy
- The flexibility to work when you want to, and opportunity to work remotely
- Work with people that are passionate about what they do